Q: Why do so few teachers take a stand and voice their opinion publicly while their profession is being devalued and trampled upon?
A: You may "bubble" in one or more responses:
○ Too busy with teaching and/or family responsibilities
○ Uncomfortable dealing with conflict
○ Fearful of school administration and of the possibility of receiving poor performance evaluations and/or of losing one's teaching position
○ Raised in a home and/or in school culture which values a "Be Nice" approach at all costs
○ Believe that speaking out won't make a difference
○ Believe that it's the responsibility of the teacher unions and teacher professional organizations to speak out for its members
NOTE: If you wish to suggest an additional "bubble" to the above six or to share your response publicly, please TWITTER your response using the hashtag #ABubbleTest.